UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Developmental Funding Program
The UPMC Hillman Cancer Center Developmental Funding Program is intended to support the development of cancer research led by Hillman members and to stimulate new applications for extramural funding. All UPMC Hillman Cancer Center members are encouraged to apply.
This program funds three categories of awards:
Category 1: Pilot Awards, up to $50,000 for 1 year
Category 2: Collaborative Research Awards, up to $100,000 per year for 1 or 2 years
Category 3: Team Science Awards, up to $100,000 per year for 1 or 2 years
Within each category, proposals will be accepted in the following science tracks:
- In addition to the main RFAs for each category, targeted RFAs may be added to each funding cycle. Proposals of high merit submitted in any of the three categories listed above may be considered for the targeted RFA mechanism. This cycle, the targeted research area is cancer health disparities. Please note that proposals do not have to be in the targeted research area.
- Study sections consisting of Hillman members and chaired by Hillman Associate Directors will review all categories of proposals.
- Awards have an expected start date of January 1 or July 1, 2019, depending on the funding cycle.
- Applicants must be UPMC Hillman Cancer Center members.
- See attachment for details.
- Questions? Please contact Moira Hitchens at 412-623-8923 or email@example.com.