Collaborative, Inter-Institutional, Interdisciplinary HIV/AIDS-Related Catalytic Project Grants
The Center for AIDS Research at Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals and the University of Pittsburgh are inviting applications for a unique, inter-institutional catalytic grant opportunity, encompassing all disciples of HIV/AIDS research, but with particular interest in gender differences in:
- HIV persistence and Cure strategies
- HIV-related cancers, co-infections, and co-morbidities
- Novel approaches to prevent HIV infection
- Substance abuse in HIV-infected populations
- The application must be a collaborative initiative between investigators at Case Western University AND the University of Pittsburgh. The expectation is that this award will lead to significant future funding.
- Junior investigators (Instructors, Assistant Professors) should have a leadership role in the team, although we fully expect seasoned investigators to play a major role.
Budget and Project Period:
- 1 award of $100,000 (total costs; no indirect cost recovery) will be funded for one year. We expect that approximately 50% of the funds will be awarded to investigators at each institution.
- Application Due Date: February 22, 2019
- Peer Review: March 2019
- Notification of Award Date: March 25, 2019
- Anticipated Start Date: April 1, 2019
Required Application Components and Application Format:
- Face Page (NIH PHS 398)
- Budget and Budget Justification (Funds are to be used for research supplies and may provide faculty and/or staff salary support)
- NIH biosketches for key personnel
- Proposal Narrative (sections A – D, 5-page total):
- Specific Aim(s)
- Research Design and Methods
- Timeline and Specific Milestone(s)
- Plans for future funding (1/2 page)
- References Cited (not included in page limit)
- All proposals must be submitted electronically via email, as a single PDF file, to Alan Levine (firstname.lastname@example.org).