Pittsburgh Liver Research Center Pilot & Feasibility Grants
The Pittsburgh Liver Research Center is pleased to announce the 2017 Request for Applications for Pilot/Feasibility Grants. The grants will fund new initiatives and/or support new investigators who are pursuing liver-related research that should lead to R01-type funding or other extramural support at a later date.
1. Are one-year awards for liver research. Funds can be used for reagents, animals, and core services, but not for equipment or travel. Under special circumstances and with proper justification, salary support may be considered. No indirects will be given. All funds must be used for the conduct of research. Funding will run from September 1, 2017 – August 31, 2018.
2. Are awarded to individual applicants in amounts of up to $25,000.
3. Are for one year; in rare cases, awardees may apply for a second year of funding. Applicants applying for a second year of funding must provide a report of their progress to date and will be considered on a competitive basis with the entire pool of applicants.
4. Provide support for investigators to collect preliminary data sufficient to support a future extramural grant application for independent research and/or to test a novel hypothesis.
5. Encourage and support dissemination of research via peer-reviewed publication.
6. Are NOT intended for: a. Bridge funding b. Large projects by established investigators c. Supporting or supplementing ongoing funded research of an investigator.
Letters of intent are due by 5 p.m., Friday, April 14.
Applications are due June 15.