Pilot Project Grants: University of Pittsburgh Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
The University of Pittsburgh Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) is inviting concise applications for a unique pilot grant funding opportunity ($50,000 direct costs), encompassing all disciplines of HIV/AIDS research, but with interest in HIV persistence and curative strategies, AIDS-related cancers, co-infections and co-morbidities and novel approaches to prevent HIV infection. Applications from candidates within any school at the University of Pittsburgh are strongly encouraged. Please see the attached flier for detailed information.
Applications from candidates within any school at the University of Pittsburgh are strongly encouraged.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
• Faculty at the level of Assistant Professor/Research Assistant Professor
• Senior faculty (Associate Professor) with no prior HIV/AIDS funding
• Applications from senior post-doctoral associates will also be considered if Departmental salary support is provided.
Budget and Project Period:
• 2-3 awards of $50,000 (total costs) for each award will be made.
Application Due Date: November 3, 2017
Peer Review: November, 2017
Notification of Award Date: December, 2017
Anticipated Start Date: January 1, 2018
Required Application Components and Application Format:
• Face Page (NIH PHS 398)
• Budget and Budget Justification (these awards do not provide faculty salary support)
• NIH Biosketch (4 page maximum)
• Proposal Narrative (sections A – D, 1 page total)
- A. Specific Aim(s)
- B. Background
- C. Research Design and Methods
- D. Timeline and Specific Milestone(s)
- E. References Cited (not included in 1 page limit)
• All proposals must be submitted electronically via email, as a single PDF file, to Nancy McCarthy (email@example.com).
• Please contact Dr. Nic Sluis-Cremer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions