The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Fellowship
The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund awards graduate school fellowships in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences or natural sciences, including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training. To apply, a student must:
- Be a doctoral or professional degree student currently enrolled in a field of study that may include any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture, or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors;
- Have received a baccalaureate degree and have an outstanding undergraduate record;
- Show financial need;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Candidates must conduct studies and research in the United States.
Because of a limit placed on the number of submissions (3 per institution), and to also allow enough time for the internal review screening and selection process, and subsequent preparation of full applications, interested students must submit the following:
- A copy of your personal vitae,
- A Statement of Purpose up to three pages long (double spaced) which considers the relationship between your graduate level study and your intended personal and/or professional goals, including a 10-15 line abstract at the top (included in the three pages) that explains (in layman’s terms) your degree program, giving emphasis to its eventual intellectual impact on your field of study,
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors who have taught or worked closely with you (due separately, Nov. 27 2017).
Visit Competition Space, accessible via the Pitt Passport portal, to apply. Applications that are submitted through the site are reviewed by the Senior Vice Chancellor for Research. In cases where there are more applications received through the site than stipulated by the sponsor, an ad hoc committee is convened to make selection recommendations. Questions regarding these funding opportunities or the internal competition process should be directed to Ryan Champagne: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.624.7410
Internal Submission Deadline: Monday November 13, 2017 (noon)